Bed Bug Treatment and Elimination
Most pest control specialists have observed that they receive the highest number of bed bug complaints during the summer. This can be attributed to increased travel at this time of year which can help spread these pests from one place to the next.
Even though most people develop a skin reaction almost immediately to bed bug bites, others take a few days before they start showing these symptoms. This just goes to show that people may not be aware of a bed bug problem until it’s too late and the damage is already done.
Bed bugs are generally found inside bed frames, couches, as well as a few unexpected places like wheelchairs, and stuffed animals. They can easily enter your house through clothing, used furniture items, and luggage.
Common Health Risks to Consider
Needless to say, bed bugs are a public health pest and while they don’t transmit diseases, they can lead to many physical as well as mental health consequences. Some common health risks of a bed bug infestation include:
- Allergic reactions to bed bug bites (may be severe). These effects can range from small bite marks to anaphylaxis
- Secondary infections that can result from the bite reaction like ecthyma, lymphangitis, and impetigo
- Mental health impacts to homeowners may include insomnia, anxiety, and systemic reactions as well
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
Did you wake up with itchy spots on your skin? It’s highly likely that you have a bed bug infestation in your home. Here are a few signs that your home is infested with bed bugs:
- A pungent and musty odor that secretes from the bed bugs’ scent glands
- Tiny bloodstains on your bedsheets and pillowcases
- Shed skins and eggshells in areas where bed bugs like to hide
- Dark spots of bed bug excrement on mattresses and sheets, walls, and sleepwear as well
Bed Bug Preventive Treatment and Elimination
Here, at CT Pest Solutions, our bed bug removal pest control experts are trained, licensed, and experienced. They can help remove bed bugs from your home in a variety of ways:
- Offering an organic and non-toxic treatment for bed bug removal
- Using materials with no chemicals and odor
- Providing one-time application and minimizing repeated visits bed bug removal
- Conducting quarterly preventive treatments
Service Areas for Bed Bug Treatment and Elimination
We service most of Connecticut including: