Carpenter Ant Pest Control in CT
Carpenter ants are known to have very powerful jaws that can chew wood and eventually cause extensive structural damage if they’re allowed to establish their colony inside your homes. Since carpenter ants are a serious threat, you need to properly identify an infestation and get in touch with a carpenter ant removal professional pest control service that can remove ants from your living space.
Dangers of a Carpenter Ant Infestation
Let’s take a look at some dangers of a carpenter ant infestation:
- Instead of consuming wood as a food source, they cause damage by tunneling through wooden structures and creating their nests in hollow areas.
- Even though they don’t have stingers, they’re known to bite and inject the wounds with formic acid that can cause some pain and discomfort.
- As these ants move around your home, they can easily pick up and carry bacteria and pass them along to your food and kitchen utensils.
Signs of a Carpenter Ant Infestation
If there’s a carpenter ant infestation in your home, then that probably means that you have a moisture problem that you need to take care of right away. Some signs of a carpenter ant infestation include:
- Seeing large red and black ants crawling out of crevices and holes inside your home
- Piles of wood shavings (known as frass) around wooden structures
- Faint rustling sounds coming from hollow doors and inside the walls
- Shed wings of carpenter ant swarmers near vents, baseboards, and windowsills
Carpenter Ant Preventative Treatment and Elimination
At CT Pest Solutions, our carpenter ant removal technicians will help eliminate ants from your home in the following ways:
- Providing a thorough carpenter ant inspection and evaluation
- Identifying conducive conditions and making recommendations for carpenter ant removal such a moisture control, trimming back bushes and trees or sealing entry points
- Provide a comprehensive plan of action to control, eliminate and prevent a re-infestation of carpenter ants
- Implement our customized plan using materials that are safe for you and your family
- Monitor for progress and adjust plan as needed
Service Areas for Carpenter Ant Control and Elimination
We service most of Connecticut including: