German Cockroaches Treatment and Elimination
German cockroaches like to live in warm, humid places that are close to moisture and food sources. They’re commonly found in commercial or residential kitchens as well as bathrooms, which means these two are the most likely places for a German cockroach infestation to occur.
Health Complications to Consider
Unfortunately, German cockroaches happen to be more than just nuisance pests. Here are a few health complications that are often associated with them:
- They may be a cause of allergic reactions as well as certain illnesses in people.
- They’re known to spread around 33 different types of bacteria, seven kinds of human pathogens, and around six types of parasitic worms.
- They can pick up germs as they crawl through sewage or decaying matter and contaminate food.
- They can also trigger asthma symptoms.
Signs of a German Cockroach Infestation
If you’ve spotted a few German roaches around your home, you may have a cockroach infestation on hand. Let’s take a look at a few others that you need to watch out for:
- An oily, musty smell in your home.
- Dead Cockroaches.
- Cockroach activity during daytime.
- Cockroach droppings (small, dark, and pepper-like) inside drawers or on countertops.
- Fecal staining (dark spots) around openings and small cracks as well as in the corners of rooms around the house.
German Cockroach Preventive Treatment and Elimination
Since German cockroaches can breed at a rate of up to six generations every year, you shouldn’t take an infestation lightly. You will definitely want to consider getting in touch with a professional pest control service to keep your household roach-free and healthy.
At CT Pest Solutions , our team of trained and licensed experts uses a combination of IPM techniques, chemical, and non-chemical methods when it comes to cockroach control:
- We offer same-day inspections
- We provide a variety of treatments to suit your needs.
- We perform constant monitoring.
- We use the safest and high-quality products to remove roaches from your property.
Priority Service Areas
We service most of Connecticut including: