Squirrel Eviction and Elimination
During the colder months, squirrels tend to look for warmer places to nest. They often find homes to be the perfect place for their food and families. Uncapped chimneys are the easiest entry points for them and once they enter your home, they can chew holes through soffits and under eaves.
If you have small openings in the structure of your home, you can expect to have a new squirrel roommate as winter comes. You need to look for safe and effective methods to remove squirrels from your home because they can be quite harmful to human health.
Health Complications to Consider
If the squirrel population in your home isn't controlled, it can cause a host of health complications, such as:
- Leptospirosis: Leptospirosis bacteria can be found in squirrel feces.
- Salmonellosis: The salmonella bacteria are also found in squirrel feces. This can cause abdominal cramps, fever, diarrhea, and may even require hospitalization in extreme cases.
- Flea infestations: Squirrels tend to be infested with fleas that can, in turn, infest your home and spread to your household pets.
- Tick Borne illnesses: They are also usually infested with ticks. Tick Borne illnesses like tularemia and Lyme disease can easily spread to humans.
Signs of a Squirrel Infestation
Here are some common signs of a squirrel infestation:
- Droppings around the home
- Gnaw marks on floors and walls
- Damaged clothing and books
- Chew marks on food containers
- Hearing noises as they run or move about in your attic or behind the walls
- Holes around loose vents, roof soffits, or other openings they have created in the exterior structure of your home
Squirrel Preventive Eviction and Elimination
By choosing CT Pest Solutions, you’ll get to work with licensed and experienced specialists who are trained for effective squirrel control.
- We offer same-day squirrel inspections
- We practice quick and humane methods
- We offer wildlife clean-out and sanitation services
- We provide emergency services
- We seal entry points to prevent further entry
Service Areas for Grey Squirrel Eviction and Elimination
We service most of Connecticut including:
734 RUBBER AVE. 2F
NAUGATUCK, CT 06770